This weekend we went to my sisters and she had made some homemade ice cream. It was a recipe from Gingers comfort Emporium book it was Honeycomb and orange blossom flavour, and was blummin' lovely. So, I thought I might try and make some ice cream, just vanilla flavour.
OK, maybe a bit of a boring flavour for some, but my barometer for a good ice cream would be to try the vanilla.
I dont have an ice cream machine, or anything fancy, so tried the Mary Berry recipe for no churn ice cream. I was genuinely surprised how easy it is.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks stage.
- Then, slowly whisk in the caster sugar, whisk until the egg whites are stiff and glossy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the double cream until it is at soft peak stage
- Fold the cream, egg yolks and vanilla extract into the meringue mixture made in stage 1 and 2. Mix until well combined together
- Pour into plastic container and freeze for at least 2 hours.
That is it. With an electric whisk, takes only about 15 minutes maximum to make.
The result? a lovely, creamy ice cream with a great vanilla taste.