Over the summer we did a lot of outdoor activities, and managed to get through a few more from the 50 Things list from the National Trust The children managed to complete the Wild Time summer challenge and we received a voucher in the post last week to visit a National Trust property for free. Yippee!
So here is how we are getting on - only 9 to go!
1. Climb a tree 2. Roll down a really big hill
3. Camp out in the wild
4. Build a den 5. Skim a stone 6. Run around in the rain 7. Fly a kite 8. Catch a fish with a net
9. Eat an apple straight from a tree
10. Play conkers
11. Go on a really long bike ride
12. Make a trail with sticks 13. Make a mud pie 14. Dam a stream 15. Play in the snow 16. Make a daisy chain 17. Set up a snail race 18. Create some wild art 19. Play Pooh sticks 20. Jump over waves 21. Pick blackberries growing in the wild 22. Explore inside a tree 23. Visit a farm 24. Go on a walk barefoot 25. Make a grass trumpet 26. Hunt for fossils and bones 27. Go star gazing 28. Climb a huge hill 29. Explore a cave 30. Hold a scary beast 31. Hunt for bugs 32. Find some frogspawn 33. Catch a falling leaf 34. Track wild animals 35. Discover what's in a pond 36. Make a home for a wild animal 37. Check out the crazy creatures in a rock pool
38. Bring up a butterfly
39. Catch a crab 40. Go on a nature walk at night 41. Plant it, grow it, eat it 42. Go swimming in the sea
43. Build a raft
44. Go bird watching
45. Find your way with a map and compass
46. Try rock climbing 47. Cook on a campfire
48. Learn to ride a horse
49. Find a geocache
50. Canoe down a river
And some pictures from the summer challenges
Now to work out when we complete the last 9 challenges.