This weekend I made raspberry and white chocolate tray bake, the recipe came about because we popped into the supermarket and raspberries were on offer. It was raining, so we needed cake! A perfect excuse to make a quick tray bake! So here is what we made
200 grams of self raising flour 120 grams of sugar 110 grams of butter 2 eggs 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract 1 teaspoon baking powder Milk to thin the mixture (I used about 2 tablespoons) 170 grams of raspberries (halved) 150 grams of white chocolate (chopped)
- Put on the oven to 180 degrees c / 350 degrees F / gas mark 4
- Line a baking tray around 30 cm x 20 cm
- Mix the flour, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and baking powder together in a bowl
- Add some milk of you think the mixture is too thick
- Add the chopped raspberries and white chocolate into the mixture and stir until well combined
- Put the mixture into the lined baking tray, covering the whole of the bottom of the tin
- Put into the oven for 25 - 30 mins
- When cooked, take out of the oven and cool.
- Decorate with melted white chocolate
- Cut into 16 pieces when the chocolate has hardened
A light, moist cake, the raspberries and chocolate work together beautifully and you have packed flavour in each bite.