After a few bike rides on the canal I have learnt a few things.
Here they are, in no particular order…
- The canal is really beautiful on a Sunday morning
- Water reflections are amazing
- Blue tits, robins, ducks, coots and swans I have seen. I love to watch them.
- Runners in a pack don't like running in single file so a cyclist can pass (I know they have the right of way, but move over even a little?!
- My body is hot but my feet are freezing (seriously, how can I get them warm?)
- I need to refrain from stopping to take pictures
- I am very wobbly when cycling with one hand, and possibly a danger to myself cycling so close to water
- I think I am figuring out gears on a bike
- Cycling over cobble stones hurts your lady parts, I need to stand up
- After cycling 4 miles my legs are wobbly, what will 20 miles be like? oh god
And that is it, onward with the training.