You may (or may not) remember that we have 3 hens at home. Hen welfare is very close to my heart, one of the reasons we started to keep hens was because I was very unhappy with the way hens are kept.
During winter the egg production of our hens decline as we don't use artificial lighting so occasionally we do need to top up our supplies, the only eggs I will buy are eggs from the Happy Egg company because they are committed to providing the highest possible standard of welfare for their hens, so I was very pleased when they got in touch.
They asked if we could make scrambled eggs eggciting (arf)
The recipe below was made using happy eggs, and they sent a voucher so I could buy the eggs.
Here is what we made, try it please - it is so delicious.
Scrambled egg with pancetta & kale
Ingredients for 2 people 4 eggs splash of milk seasoning (black pepper and salt) knob of butter 100g cubed pancetta 2 leaves of kale ( I used cavolo nero as it is growing at the allotment) Thick slices of crusty bread - lightly toasted
- Lightly whisk together the eggs, milk, and seasoning (black pepper and salt)
- Finely slice the cavolo nero or kale
- Gently fry the cubed pancetta and kale in a frying pan
- When the pancetta and kale are cooked to your liking, pour in the egg mixture
- Let the egg mixture sit in the pan without stiring for 20 seconds
- After 20 seconds, using a wooden spoon lift and fold the eggs from the bottom of the pan until the eggs are softly set
- Cut a thick slice of crusty bread and toast
- To serve, butter the toast and pile everything on top